- Mercy MAP: What is Member Assistance? The Member Assistance Program (MAP) is here to help when life gets overwhelming. Whether you're dealing with everday problems or major life events, we can help with confidential counseling, referral and support for you and your family. We offer guidance and encouragement for everday situations and our counselors are trained to deal with a range of personal issues.
How can MAP help me? We provide short-term counseling as well as information and support to assist you with your concerns. Things we can help with include:
- Strained Relationships
- Stress at home or at work
- Anger, resentment
- Budgeting and debt management
- Parenting Concerns
- Depression and Anxiety
- Conflicts/communication problems
- Grief and loss
Every attempt will be made to assist you with any issue or we will point you in the right direction.
Who provides the service? Our licensed counselors hold a minimum of a master's degree in the counseling field. Services include:
- 24/7 MAP help line
- Face-to-face or telephone counseling
- Individual and group coaching
What does the program cost? Services are free to and confidential for you and your immediate family. Treatment beyond the scope of MAP is coordinated through your medical benefit or community services.
How do I get started?
- Make the call to speak to a counselor or schedule an appointment (314.729.4600 #2 or 1.800.413.8008 #2)
- The Person you talk to will ask basic demographic information and help you identify the next steps
Is there a MAP Website? Go to www.mbh-eap.com/members
If you wish to email a counselor:
- Go to the above web site
- Log into Contact Us-and submit your question
Member Assistance Program: Solutions for health, work and life. 24 hours a day - 7 days a week - 365 days a year.